Hello there gorgeous!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.
Today, I am going to be sharing yet ANOTHER DIY Skin treatment which is going to be on how you can make your own face exfoliater at home.
It’s rather vital to exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating the skin will help shed dead skin cells. When the dead skin cells are scrubbed away, the skin becomes smoother, softer and clearer.
I love these DIY Skin remedies, because you know exactly what's going in there and you know that there are no chemicals and side effects involved. You are custom mixing your own organic substances.
All you need are 3 ingredients and one of them is optional, so there are basically 2 ingredients.
Those 3 ingredients are:
1) Rice Flour:
Rice Flour is basically just powdered rice. Rice flour has been used since ancient time by the women of Asia. Geisha's used to apply a face mask made out of rice. In spite of having to wear so much makeup everyday, their skin was still soft, supple and bright.
Even the field workers back in the day, used to make a sun's cream, by mixing rice powder and water and they'd just put it on their skin because it's also a good UV protector.
Since the consistency of the rice flour is quite gridy' so, it makes a great exfoliator.
Skin Benefits of Rice Flour:
1. Reduces Hyper pigmentation
2. Anti-Aging Properties
4. Brightens Skin
5. Good Exfoliator
Yogurt has lactic acid which is an AHA, which is the element that's in a lot of the expensive ati-aging skin products in the market.
Skin Benefits of Yogurt:
1. Removes Discoloration
3. Good Moisturizer
4. Good Exfoliator
5. Soothes Irritated Skin
6. Removes Sun Tan
7. Soothes Sunburn
3) Turmeric (Optional):
This ingredient is completely optional, you can put this in your scrub if you'd wish to. Now, keep in mind that Turmeric can stain your skin so, use a very mild amount if you do so.
Skin Benefits of Turmeric:
1. Anti-Bacterial Properties
2. Treats Blemishes
3. Treats Acne
4. Brighter Skin
5. Removes Sun Tan
How To Make the Scrub:
- Take a container in which you can mix and store the scrub in.
- 1 Tablespoon of Rice Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Yogurt
- 1/4 Tablespoon of Turmeric
- Mix it all together.
And there you have it!
Now, you'd have to put the container in which you store the scrub, in the refrigerator because it does contain yogurt. The scrub will last as long as your yogurt will last.
- You can also use it as a face mask because it consists of all those good skin properties that your skin will benefit from. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then scrub it off.
- Don't have the time? Take a generous amount and scrub it on your skin like you would use a regular scrub and wash it off. Use twice a week.
- And just see how your skin is going to behave in 1 month's time. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it will make on your skin and you'd want to use it over and over again!
I really hope you liked this another one of these DIY Skin remedy , make sure you give it a go and share it with your friends and family!
I shall speak to you in my next blog post, till then, take care and